CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Are we going to move?

It is getting pretty cold here, and today I went out and started and finished my Christmas shopping. It wasn't to hard as we have only enough money to get for the girls. I took the money that my mom gave me for Christmas and spent it on Craig for Christmas. I bought him a robe, the game BrainAge 2. We played it over at his Uncle's house at Thanksgiving. Supposedly if you play for a few minutes everyday, it keeps your brain thinking and active, therefore YOUNG! Craig tried it and I think his brain age was like 55 or 60, I think mine was 35. How good did I feel. At least my brain age is younger then I am, where Craig's is older. HA HA.

My mom sent me an email letting me know that my great aunt had another stroke and my great uncle has to have another hip replacement. I have to say that I think getting old sucks! Not the actual aging, but how our bodies seem to give out way before our minds. But I guess he isn't going to get the operation until he has sold the barge. She said she had mentioned to him that Craig and I might be interested. Fritz said the appraiser was supposed to be coming and and if he appraised it for more then he thought it was worth, he would sell it to Craig for a good price. I mentioned it to Craig and he said for me to look into it. The only thing is that they have the biggest trailer on there that they will allow and it still isn't going to be big enough for all of us. So the only way it would work is for us to be able to have someone stay at the trailer and in exchange for free or really reduced rent they could take care of the place at night. So I hopped on the Internet and started looking at houses around there and you can get a pretty nice house there for around $250,000. I think we could probably sell this house for around $400,000. I would be nice if we could be closer to my family.

Craig made me laugh when we were talking about it, he told me that if we did this, I would have to sign a "prenup" I told him he meant Postnup, but basically he said that if we moved to Texas and I left him I would have to take care of him for the rest of my life. He was pretty funny. I'm not pushing the issue, I think I have given up on that. All I know is that I can't think of it right now. All I can concentrate on for right now is my family and getting through nursing school. Sometimes I don't even do that very well.

We will see what happens but for now, I am just thankful that I have a home, a family who loves me and a mind that is young.

0 comments: