CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Beautiful World

I was watching the Discovery Channel tonight, they had a 3 hour show on about what a beautiful world we live in; some of what they showed was just astounding. It is just mind boggling to me how God is able to create such beauty. Why is it that we have to destroy it? Building and building, saving wetlands and forests as an after thought and only because someone or some organization stands up and makes noise. Is it truly because of greed, I can't imagine that it's because of need.

Watching the show, I see so many places that I want to see, so many things I want to experience. There is so much beauty! I saw the South African Plains and after being so dry for so many months the rain finally came and the beauty of the plants, the agility and smoothness of the animals walking through the water. The beauty of the elephants swimming in a river, frolicking (if you can imagine that). Beauty is found everywhere, in all things, both old and new. My only question is why do we have to destroy what was to make room for the new?

0 comments: