CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Favorite Childhood Game

This was a challange on a website (TwoPeas in a Buckett) that I visit more then I actually scrapbook. Which, from what I can tell is the case for many. They wanted us to talk about our favorite game from childhood.

For whatever reason, I didn't even have to think very hard about this. My favorite game was Red Rover, Red Rover. Do you remember that? You and your friends would hold hand and stand in a line. You would decided who from the other team you would want to try and break the chain and cry, "Red Rover, Red Rover send Billy on over." If they broke the chain then they could choose someone to bring back with them to their team, but if they didn't then they had to join your team.

I remember playing this game on summer days and nights and holding on tightly or if it was a boy you like and he tried to break through, not so tightly in the hopes that he would grab your hand and bring you back to his team. Those memories remind me of cardboard sliding down hills, eating apples from the tree right by the hill we were sliding down. Lighting bugs, climbing trees and getting stuck, waiting for my dad to come and get me. Staying out late on summer nights playing with the kids in the neighborhood, riding my Big Wheel down the big hill by my house in Mill Valley, going to the marsh by my school (Strawberry Point School) Those were the days!

0 comments: