CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 3, 2007

My Afternoon Rant (A Continuation)

Call me a nervous mother. I never thought I would be.....

I take off early from work; Craig won't be able to get the girls. On my way home I call my neighbor I want to see how her son is doing after surgery and see if she could get Faith off of the bus so I can kinda watch out for Sarah like I did this morning.

I go to Sarah's school; I know she can't leave until the buses have left. Only one has left and it's about 5 min until Faith will be getting off of the bus at our house, I leave to come back home to scoop Faith off of the bus and go look out for Sarah.

"Come on," I yell over the sound of the bus.

FAITH: Where are we going?

ME: To watch out for Sarah

FAITH: She's already here.

ME: What? looking around

FAITH: Look here she comes!

And there's Sarah, on her bike with a new confidence. It did my heart good.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Yeah, there's a fine balance to be found between allowing them to develop some independence and protecting them! Sounds like this was good for her!

Colleen said...

Check out my blog - you've been tagged!

Jill said...

It's scary that independence stuff, isn't it? But so liberating for them! :-)