CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SSHHHHH, don't tell the girls

A couple of weeks ago, we inherited a hamster from our neighbor who was moving back to California. We had watched Hammy for a couple of weeks when they would go on vacation and knowing how much the girls loved Hammy they wanted to know if we wanted him. Of course the girls begged us and after agreeing that they would clean the cage once a week and take turns doing it we said okay.

All was going well, although they sure didn't play with him as much as they did when we were just hamster-sitting but we knew that would happen. Anyway today we had a couple of the girls friends come over and play and of course the hamster was taken out and played with, it peed on Faith's bed, and crapped on Sarah's hand! LOL!! Lucy also loves the hamster. She takes every chance she can to say hello up close and personal.

Well tonight Craig is going to bed so I am on my way back to our bedroom to change in to my jammies and I see something on the floor. YEP, you guessed it, HAMMY. I am assuming the girls didn't close the cage all the way and he got out and Lucy finally go to say "hello to her little friend!" Now she didn't hurt it, there were no puncture wounds or blood, I think she just scared it to death. I was definitely in her mouth, but again no wounds. So I called Craig and made him get rid of it before the girls saw it. I feel sooooo bad! We have decided to tell the girls that Hammy has gotten out and we need to keep a look out for him, and when they never find him they will think he got away. Needless to say we will be having no more hamsters.

I just hope Kaitlyn doesn't call and ask about him!!!

0 comments: