CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I feel guilty

I came home from my last English class last night and saw Faith's interim report card is on the frig. She isn't doing all that great, and I am frustrated. I feel like I am not helping her enough but at the same time I feel like she should be taking more responsibility for her school work. I talked with her this morning and she of course started to cry, but I think she was crying because she feels like she has let me down. I know that at her age, I would do that.

She brings her books home, but she doesn't study. I mean why bother???? She does the homework that is assigned for that night, but she won't study beyond that. In her case she has to study some subject every night. She will bring her books home .....

I had to go to school myself, on the way I called Craig. He told me that he had already lit into her last night. Told her that if she failed, she would have to go to summer school and that takes up about 2/3 of the summer. Now I know why she was so upset.

I told her that I would give her $5 for every letter grade she brought her grade up. Dave came over for dinner tonight and told her that he would match what ever I gave her. I hope she does it. Generally I don't bribe my children (that's what it feels like) but if it works she will see that she can do it. That's all I care about.

0 comments: