CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Am I a Bad Mother If....

Faith has been complaining about her throat, and Craig took both girls to the doctor on the 19th. Sarah was diagnosed with a sinus infection and they tested Faith for strep, which came back negative. The perscribed antibiotics for Sarah but sent nothiing home with Faith since it was just the beginnings of a cold. Now over Christmas both Craig and I got sick. Thankfully the girls were off the week of Christmas so I got to stay home and recoup.

Yesterday I come home and Faith is complaining that her throat hurts as a single tear slides down her cheek. So I call the doctor and they tell me to come right over. I bring her in and they do another strep test, but it comes back negative again. They don't give her anything for it and send us on our merry way. She did have a slight fever of 100. So when we get home I give her some Motrin and some night time cold medicine.

This morning I have to get up at O'dark thirty because Sarah has a field trip to "the Moon" and she has to be at school at 6:30 am, did I mention that I have no heat in the car??? It was freakin cold, 15 degrees this morning. Anyway, I come home take Faith's tempreture and it's normal however she is still complaining of her throat hurting. I make her some tea and she refuses to drink it.

I called my boss lastnight just to give her a heads up about the possiblity of me not being there, needless to say she wasn't to happy. She apparently had an intestional virus the day before and she still came into work. I also tried calling a friend who I thought was off of work today but she never called me back. So I am sending Faith to school. Remember she has no fever, just a sore throat, does that make me a bad mother??

I hate feeling like I am choosing my job over my child and right now I kinda feel like that. It is the only day of the week that completely sucks if I take off. We are short handed as it is and they have already paid for the day. I told Faith if she doesn't feel well by 12, to go to the nurses office and call me.

I still feel like doo-doo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No I don't think that makes you a bad mother just one who wished she didnt have to make a choice like that ....because the Nisha I know would choose her child hands down......We all have to make the money that feeds our children and buys the cold medicine that we feed them...Just the fact that it weights so heavily on your mind speaks volumes to me...keep up the good work Ms.Mom/Career/Student/Wife....oops did I get those in the wrong order..lol....I love you always and I think you are one of the best mothers I know..Love Kelly

Anonymous said...

We have all been there!

Anonymous said...

We have all been there!