CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Adoption

I know a couple who has adopted a few children. Now this in and of itself is not very perculiar but that they have adopted 4 and have 5 of their own with another on the way, some would say they are strange or fanatical. In the beginning I thought it strange that they would have so many children. But they have such a love and tender heart for children that sometimes they inspire me. I have to say I haven't seen a happier family, with good values who are not only thriving but living life to the fullest. I not only admire them but I envy them in a way.

I have always wanted to adopt! Even before I had kids I always thought that I would adopt at least one child. It just seems like it is the right thing to do. Now I mentioned having another child the other night (I think I feel by biological clock ticking, LOL) and Craig asks how we could afford it, what do I say to that??? What I want to say is we just do, we rely on God to take care of us, like we would the child we would bring into our family. In reading my friends blog I realize there is a whole cyber community of people who's life mission is to save a child from not knowing what it means to me loved and cared for by a family. This community has supported each other in prayer, encouragement, giving emotional support and financially. It is almost like the church in Acts where everything was shared.

So I don't know where I am going with this, but my desire is to help a child, to give a child a family. I want them to know they are loved and desired and a gift. I guess for right now I will have to live vicariously through my friends. For now, but who knows how God will work this out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I haven't been here in a while. I have missed a lot.

Thanks for the kind words.

I do hope you will adopt!!! SO many children need homes. I will pray Craig has a heart change!

Anonymous said...

Where's my comment? I know I left you one.

Anonymous said...

OOOOH. There it is!

Becky R said...

I know Rock star & his family personally and they are exactly the family to have more kids. They are so loving and kind. They all have that joy and obedience of the Lord. Yes, it is not the norm the life they are living, but God's way is not the path most taken. I am so in awe of them and know that through them others will know Him and be blessed just by knowing them as well.
I like your blog, too. -Becky