CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

I hope she is okay

Criag, Sarah and I were sitting around the dinner table tonight and Sarah was talking about a child in the nursery today (she was helping out). This was a child who had Downs Syndrome and that led to us talking about her Turner's Syndrome. Craig had mentioned how in the scheme of things, Sarah's TS is hardly noticeable. She had questions about some of the characteristics of girls with TS. I had my laptop open so we searched the web and saw some pictures as well as reading a post from a woman who is now 50 years old and found out she had Turners when she was 16 years old.

Sarah left after we read the post. I often wonder what she thinks about when that subject comes up. She seems to be fine with it and that's great, but I hope that she knows that it is okay to not feel not alright. I had a meeting with her teachers last week and one of the guidance counselors were there and said that there was another girl in school who also has TS. She is going to contact the mom and see if she would be alright with talking to me and maybe having the girls meet. I think that would be great! Sometimes I think that Sarah feels very isolated when it comes to that. I am also going to try and get some information in the TS Society here in NJ. I think it will be beneficial to Sarah now that she is a little older. I know it sounds kind of selfish, but I think I have put this off because it will be just another thing that I have to do. But I guess it is something I have to do...... for Sarah. I want her to grow up to be well adjusted and feeling okay about herself, its something I don't think that I felt and it led me to all sorts of bad places.

0 comments: