CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Blue Skies

The girls are off this week and I have been wanting to paint Sarah's room for some time now. But I hate to paint, and I really hate to paint by myself. So I asked my friend Katinka (who likes to paint) if she would mind coming by and helping me. So between her schedule and mine (I still have classes) we picked yesterday. She came about 8:30 am with all the rollers and trimmers and I had the paint. We painted the walls within a couple of hours and it looks fantastic!! I forgot to get before pictures but here are a couple of after.



The pictures don't do it justice, the color is a little darker then what it looks like in the picture. It's called summer blue and it looks so much better then those old ugly white walls, that weren't white so much any more (LOL). I still have to paint the trim and I also want to do a wide green strip about 3/4 of the way up the wall, just to give it some pizazz! I also want to get her a new comforter and sheets. Faith's room will be next! I don't think she has decided on a color that is okay with me yet. She wants a color called Hot Lips, a very dark pink. I just can't do that!! It is amazing what a little color on the walls will do to a room.

3 comments:

Mrs. Hammer Time said...

It looks great!

Dick Davis said...

Want to come to Dallas and paint our kitchen? I'll pay for the paint and you and your friend can bring the rollers, and etc.

Sarah's bedroom looks great!

RDD

Anonymous said...

Wow.... it looks GREAT!