CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Emotional Roller Coaster

Yesterday, I came home from work and went to get the girls at the bus stop. Sarah who usually comes off the bus not in the best of moods, came off swinging her backpack and she says to me.

"Mommy, I have the most fantasic recess today!" I'm asking myself what could have happend that would make her so bouncy? She then proceeded to tell me the story. She apparently was swinging and somone wanted the swing that another little boy (Terrence) wanted. So Terrence gave up his swing and went over to one that was empty next to Sarah. He started talking to her, "You know Sarah, when I act like I don't like you I am just pretending. I have always had a crush on you. Do you want to be boyfriend and girlfriend again.

She of course said yes! Faith then chimes in, "Yeah, now we both have boyfriends!" LOL

Then today, just like we had an extreme high, we had an extreme low! Sarah is allowed to ride her bike to school as of this week. We live a ways away and I really wanted Sarah to ride with some other kids. I asked her if she knew of anyone who lived close to us that was going to ride their bike. She told me the Molly, a classmate, was riding her bike. I called the mom and left a message yesterday. Molly's mom called me today and told me that Molly didn't want to ride with Sarah. Lee, Molly's mom, said there have been incidents between Sarah and Molly that she is saying, were unprovoked.

Now I know that Sarah isn't the easiest person to get along with, but I also know that since she is her own person, it has left her an easy target for being teased. Which she does not take well. But as I was telling this to Sarah, big tears welled up in her eyes, and I just wanted to smack that little girl who hurt my child's feelings. Sarah so wants friends, to be accepted and liked.

Why are kids so mean? I told Sarah that she is her own person and she should be proud of that. But does a 10 year old understand that? I hope so. My heart was breaking when I was talking to her. I pray that she finds GOOD friends who like her for who she is, someone who is genuine, kind, caring and loving.


4 comments:

toners said...

I can relate...those 10 yr old girls can be so mean! My dd is 10 and is finding out how girls can change in an instant, and then change back again for no reason. The advice I'm giving her is that she can't control how these girls behave - she can only control how she reacts to them, and that life is too short to waste on such pettiness.....

Yellow Fence said...

I'm so sorry that your daughter had to go through this. Girls can be so mean and cruel sometimes. I hope that she can find someone else to ride to school with!

Shannon

Jill said...

:-( :-( :-( That would hurt at any age. I'm sorry it happened to her.

Theresa said...

Sorry she's had such a rough week but sadly it's something she'll have to get used to.

BTW, congrats on going to nursing school. I know how hard it is to go when you have small kids, my hat is off to you!